Below are some general guidelines that will ensure all of our visitors have an enjoyable experience, while still protecting our natural habitats:
- Adhere to posted speed limits
- All plants, animals and natural objects are protected
- Do not collect any natural objects, pick plants or feed animals
- Walk only on marked trails
- No bicycles, jogging, vehicles or horses on trails
- Dogs must be on leash (max. 6 feet) and not allowed in Visitors' Center
- Remove solid animal waste
- No entry beyond closed gates or cables
- No roadside parking
- Fishing from the shore is not permitted
- Picnicking only in designated areas
- No grills or fires
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages prohibited
- Firearms are prohibited
- No audible radios or loud music
- Dispose of trash properly
- Refuge is open for daytime use only, camping is not allowed
- No visiting before or after posted hours
- Visitors on grounds after hours will be locked in
If you happen to see anyone not following these guidelines, please call (817) 392-7410.
|< Prev||Next >|
"To enhance the quality of life by enrolling and educating our community in the preservation and protection of natural areas while standing as an example of these same principles and values in North Central Texas."
We are always in need of Volunteers!
We currently have a need for additional Animal Care volunteers on specific days during the week and on weekends.
Visit our Volunteer Page for more information, or call the Nature Center main line at 817-392-7410.
Nature Center Hours
Weekdays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Weekends 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Hardwicke Interpretive Center (Daily)
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
$5 Adults (13-64)
$2 Children (3-12;under 3 FREE)
$3 Seniors (65+)
$1 Discount per person (with Military ID-Active/Retired)